Rockin' Face Painter...When it comes to face painting - we rock.

Sprite Love / Kinda "Face Painting" Video (turn volume on)

Monday, May 12, 2008

From Russia With Love - Their Face Painting Class

My best friend has been visiting Russian orphanages with her church Capo Beach Calvary for the past three years. While they are making a circuit of visiting hundreds of orphaned children in orphanages, the team provides them with a fun day filled with candy, games, toys and face painting. Mind you, these children may only receive for their birthday one piece of chocolate. So when this team arrives, they love every minute of their visit!

Our famous Orange County photographer Joe Photo went last year to Russia, and took professional shots of of their visit (click here to view the Russian article - in the group pic, my friend is second from the left in the pink jacket). Please read the article, it will give you some realty of how blessed we are.
From his photos, I noticed they were using acrylic paints to paint the children's faces with.

Y'all know how I feel about acrylic paints used for face painting. *eye twitching*

So I gently educated my friend about how there are many wonderful products just for face painting, and offered to conduct a class to show some of the team how to use them.

Here are some photos of my class for the Russia team:

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

It was a lot of fun, but it went by so fast and we ran out of time! Hopefully they will take their Snazaroo Rainbow palette and practice, practice, practice.

I appreciate all their commitment and efforts, and wish the team well. I will be praying for their trip - they leave on May 30th.

No comments: